Construction sites are fast-paced, hectic environments with everyone competing for adequate time and space to complete their portion of the project in a timely and professional manner.
The best and most effective solution for accommodating different construction site needs is by installing a temporary power supply. By investing and installing temporary power supplies you can:
- Maintain project schedules
- Complete construction jobs in a cost-effective manner
- Ensure safety and security for all employees
With temporary power supplies, you can ensure safety and success for all of your ongoing construction and commercial renovation projects.
3 Steps for Setting Up Temporary Power
Temporary power supplies are a great, cost-effective lighting solution for many building sites hoping to keep overhead costs as low as possible while maintaining timely project completion. When determining your temporary power options, it’s best to understand the factors required for successfully installing temporary power.
- Coordinate with local utility companies: For the best success, work closely with local utility companies to establish trusting relationships and efficient services. Meet with local vendors and identify the proper temporary power supply solutions for your specific job site — determine fees, establish accounts and schedule power hook up and disconnection times. By being familiar with appropriate vendors, your power supply needs will be completed in a timely and smooth manner.
- Obtain necessary permits and scheduling inspections: To avoid unnecessary shutdowns and fees, it’s best to understand and work with utility companies who know your city and county’s building department codes and regulations. When you have relationships with local inspectors and understand the specific ins and outs of your area’s temporary power supply specifications, you can secure permits faster and have better success scheduling inspections.
- Engineering, installing, maintaining and removing temporary power equipment: When setting up temporary power supplies, always hire experienced and knowledgeable professionals for the best chance of success. While initial set up of these systems may seem straightforward, it’s essential to have personnel who understand the proper pole locations, ground conditions, know the location of underground utilities and understand how to properly install intricate electrical systems. With proper preparation and personnel, you can ensure safe and effective temporary power supply solutions.
Temporary Power Solutions for Construction Sites
Find The Cat Rental Store Near You
At The Cat® Rental Store, we offer the largest selection of temporary construction site power supply solutions
, tailored to meet your specific needs and budget. Explore our variety of power supply products available in several sizes for planned power shut-downs, backup power and emergency situations. Our power supply products are manufactured according to the highest standards for lasting rugged, heavy-duty use. Our mobile generator products are specially designed for damage protection, safe wet local connections and shock protection to ensure long-term safety.