Road crews, construction contractors, utility workers, quarry and mining entities and many other business operations rely on work trucks for hauling materials, transporting goods and much more. These companies need dependable vehicles that can perform specific functions productively and efficiently.
For many businesses, renting offers the best solution for acquiring the vehicles they need to complete projects. Reasons to rent commercial trucks include:
- Flexibility: You may not need a truck for every project, or maybe you require a specific model that can perform a unique task. Renting gives you the flexibility to acquire a vehicle only when you need it, as well as choose a specialized truck for a one-and-done job.
- Fuel efficiency: If you own older trucks, you may notice that their gas mileage is declining. Renting a late-model vehicle will likely provide better fuel efficiency and reduce your operating costs.
- Lower maintenance and repair expenses: Heavy-duty work trucks can be costly to repair and maintain, especially as they age. When you rent vehicles from a reputable, full-service equipment provider like The Cat® Rental Store, you'll receive prompt maintenance and repair service as part of your rental agreement. Avoiding these costs can have a positive impact on your company's bottom line.
- No storage challenges: A big truck takes up a lot of space, which can make storing it difficult when it's not in use. Another benefit of renting your work trucks is that you'll avoid the hassle and cost of storage.
- Use the latest technologies: Whatever type of truck you use in your business, the technology is continuously evolving. Renting a late-model vehicle gives you access to the most recent equipment advancements in areas such as power, control, comfort and safety. Your drivers will be more productive, and you'll likely experience fewer highway and job site accidents and injuries.
- Meet an immediate need: Suppose one of the trucks in your fleet breaks down without warning. Not having access to that vehicle for even a couple of days could have major consequences. Renting enables you to get a fast replacement for the truck and keep your business rolling.
- Try before buying: If your company is considering purchasing a truck due to high demand and other factors, consider renting it or a similar model first. You'll be able to test it out on the road or at job sites for a specific period of time to make sure it's a good fit. Then, you can make your investment with complete confidence.