A bucket is one of the most valuable and essential attachments for heavy equipment like excavators and loaders. Buckets do the dirty work at a job site, handling everything from digging and trenching to material handling and loading. The right bucket selection will enhance the versatility of your machine and increase your productivity and efficiency.
How to Choose Which Bucket Attachment to Rent
If you're looking to rent a bucket for your equipment, you'll find a wide variety of options available. The following tips for renting bucket attachments can help you make the best choice for your applications:
- Terrain: The ground and soil conditions play a prominent role in the bucket selection process. A heavy-duty bucket made of abrasion-resistant materials and equipped with side cutters will perform well when handling sand, dirt, clay, gravel or silt. Severe-duty models with features such as shell bottoms and side-wear plates are better options for quarry and aggregate operations that require digging in loose rock.
- Size: Bucket attachments come in various sizes. While a large bucket enables you to pick up more, one that's too large will result in slower cycle times when working with high-density materials. Also, it's important to match the size with the application. Attempting to dig a 24-inch trench with a 36-inch bucket would be counterproductive.
- Style: You'll find several bucket style options from which to choose. A trenching bucket is ideal for digging deep, narrow trenches. Ditching buckets have a wider, deeper profile that works well for applications such as material loading, backfilling and grading. Angle tilt models offer the benefit of 45-degree rotation, which enables a machine to level or grade an area without needing to reposition it as frequently.
- Teeth: You can choose a bucket with teeth that enhance its digging capabilities. Standard teeth will get the job done in normal ground conditions. If you're digging in rocky or frozen soil, teeth with sharper points will deliver better results.
- Compatibility and versatility: Not every bucket is compatible with every machine. Make sure your rental fits the equipment you intend to use. Choosing buckets that can accommodate quick couplers also allows you to make fast attachment changes while on the job. In many cases, the operator won't have to leave the cab to make a bucket swap.
Choose The Cat® Rental Store for Your Bucket Rentals
The Cat® Rental Store features a large inventory of rental buckets for Cat excavators, compact wheel loaders, skid steers, telehandlers and backhoes. The team at any of our more than 1,300 worldwide locations can help you choose the right bucket for your equipment, applications and budget. When you rent from us, you'll get high-quality products at competitive rates and top-notch service and support.
Please browse our selection of bucket rentals today. If you have questions or would like more tips for renting bucket attachments, give us a call at 1-800-RENT-CAT. To request a fast quote, fill out and submit our online contact form.
Find The Cat Rental Store Near You