Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), more commonly known as drones, are used in industries such as construction, agriculture and oil and gas. New regulations make it easier for businesses to operate drones for commercial purposes. Companies can use them to perform a variety of tasks much more efficiently and accurately to enhance overall jobsite performance.
The top six benefits of using drones in construction include:
- Improved mapping and surveying capabilities: Drone construction surveying enables companies to get a bird's-eye view of a jobsite. Surveying crews can use advanced tools and techniques such as high-resolution photography and video capture to gain a more comprehensive perspective of the site. Drones can also perform surveying faster and at a lower cost than traditional methods.
- Monitoring project progress: A drone can make it easier to monitor and measure the development of a larger construction project. For example, your drone can do a weekly flyover to take aerial photos of the site. Project managers can then assess the images to gain valuable information regarding potential delays or detect areas that could use additional equipment or manpower.
- Saving time by multitasking: You can equip drones in construction with various sensors for thermal imaging, temperature measurement and more. They can perform several tasks at once, which helps accelerate your project completion timelines.
- Enhanced communication: Drone pilots can collect the information provided by the UAV and upload it to the cloud. This process makes the data sharable between key members of the project team, who can view and analyze it simultaneously in real-time. The result is enhanced collaboration and a more thorough decision-making methodology.
- Reduced downtime: In many cases, drones will enable you to conduct inspections and other time-consuming tasks without shutting down your operations. By minimizing downtime, you'll be able to keep your projects on schedule.
- Increased safety: You can improve jobsite safety with drones in several ways. A UAV can identify potentially dangerous areas and prevent the need for inspectors to enter areas where structural risks are present. The photos and videos can point out potential hazards or areas where workers may not be following the appropriate safety protocols.
The Cat® Rental Store Can Help You Improve Jobsite Performance
Drones can enhance the way you use your heavy equipment. The Cat® Rental Store offers a wide selection of earthmoving machines and other equipment for rent for construction, agriculture, oil and gas and much more. We can assist with product selection and creating a flexible rental agreement that works for your business.
Check out our extensive inventory and rent the equipment you need from the pros who do whatever it takes. You can call us at 1-800-RENT-CAT or contact us for a quick quote.
Find The Cat Rental Store Near You