Portable and stationary air compressors are valuable tools for numerous job sites. Depending on what you will be doing and how long you will work, one version might work better. Learn the difference between portable and stationary air compressors to choose the one suited for your application.
Portable Air Compressors
Portable air compressors can be carried or moved to wherever you need them. Air compressors from The Cat® Rental Store are trailer-mounted, making them simple to transport. Most portable air compressors come with tanks between two and 30 gallons. Portable air compressors work well at numerous job sites. Some industries where portable air compressors are useful include:
- Construction: Use pneumatic tools easily with a portable air compressor at your construction site. A portable air compressor can power equipment like jackhammers, wrenches and riveting guns.
- Manufacturing: Rent a portable air compressor if there is a power outage at your facility. Since many portable air compressors operate on diesel, you can use them to provide power to critical areas.
- Agriculture: Power pneumatic equipment with a portable air compressor, such as feed transportation conveyors or dairy equipment.
- Oil and gas: Use a portable air compressor to provide power at offshore or remote drilling locations.
- Pharmaceutical: Have a portable air compressor for machinery operation or providing air to mixing tanks.
7 Benefits of Portable Air Compressors
Portable air compressors can provide numerous benefits on your job site. Some of these advantages include:
- Portability: These air compressors are small and light enough that you can drive them to any location throughout the job site.
- Power: The portable air compressor has enough power for operating various tool types, including nail guns, hammers and sanders.
- Safety: The smaller air compressors retain the same safety mechanisms as their stationary counterparts.
- Pound per square inch (PSI): These air compressors can have an extensive range in psi. At The Cat Rental Store, dealers carry portable compressors with up to 200 psi.
- Cubic air per minute (CFM): These air compressors can also have between 185 and 750 CFM when you rent from The Cat Rental Store.
- Quiet: Portable air compressors are usually quieter than stationary ones, which is important if you need them in a residential area.
- Multifunctionality: These air compressors are multifunctional. You can use them to power tools and equipment. You can also use them to blow away dust and dirt from your work area.
Models of Portable Air Compressors
At The Cat Rental Store, you can find several types of portable air compressors. You can rent towable air compressors from our trusted OEMs, such as Atlas Copco, Sullair and Sullivan Palatek.
Stationary Air Compressors
Stationary air compressors are designed to stay at a single location. It will be wired to the electrical circuit of a building. Generally speaking, stationary air compressors have tanks between 60 and 80 gallons. Stationary air compressors are ideal for:
- Auto repair shops.
- Industrial plants.
- Manufacturing locations.
4 Benefits of Stationary Air Compressors
- Large tank: The size of the tank allows you to store more air and provides a higher capacity for air delivery. Stationary air compressors from The Cat Rental Store have capacities between 60 and 240 gallons.
- Heavy-duty applications: The stationary air compressor is designed to take on larger or more complex and challenging jobs, such as chemical plants or gas turbines. This type of air compressor can provide a more continuous airflow, allowing you to use it longer.
- CFM: Stationary air compressors have a CFM rating of 17.5 and 56.5 when you rent from our dealer network.
- PSI: The stationary air compressors you can get from The Cat Rental Store dealers come with a psi between 125 and 175.
Models of Stationary Air Compressors
Dealers carry stationary air compressors from one of the top names in the business, Jenny Products, Inc. These air compressors can come in several formats, such as electric, base-mounted and climate control. The models we have for rent are available as either single- or two-stage air compressors. Other features available with stationary air compressors from The Cat Rental Store include:
- Cast iron pump.
- Belt drive with a large flywheel.
- Safety valve for pressure relief.
Rent Portable and Stationary Air Compressors From The Cat® Rental Store Today
Regardless of your specific application, The Cat Rental Store dealer network can help you find portable and stationary models that meet your needs. If you want to learn more about our products or request a quote, please browse our equipment online or call 1-800-RENT-CAT today.
Find The Cat Rental Store Near You